Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

My Dad's step Dad

Sunday morning, May 18th, mom got a call from my dads mom saying that her husband was in the hospital and not expected to live much longer. He had bleeding at the stem of his brain and was in a coma. After my dad preached at our church that morning, he went to be with his mom. In the evening grandpa Everett passed away. My heart goes out to my grandma because of all the pain she must be going through at this time. Watching a loved one slip from you is always hard and heartbreaking.
Grandpa Everett was in youth ministries and was a pastor for many years. He also was a ventriloquist for many, many years. Before he married my grandma, my mom went to a performance he put on when she was in school. When he could, he would bring his dummy, Wally, to our house and tell us bible stories with him. We thoroughly enjoyed those times and laughed often at Wally!
Several years ago he had a couple minor strokes and since then hadn't fully recovered to his normal self. This last weekend he had a major stroke and then on Sunday evening he was called home to his Maker.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the Lord comfort your hearts and give you much peace!!! Thoughts and Hugs!

Miss Ellie said...

You are in my prayers !
hugs
Ellie

Family said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss! We'll be praying for your family and your grandma especially during this time.