Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nesting pictures!

I have been so busy nesting and making this lovely new house a home that I haven't taken many pictures nor spent the time to post the ones I have taken. Also I was waiting until things were more finalized and since that is taking longer than I expected, I decided to go ahead and let you all see what we have been up to.


Our laundry table!

The China hutch! It's it just lovely! It was our Grandma's so it is extra special!

The living room

Some of the Couches came over Valentines Day and Heather's birthday, so we celebrated both together with dear friends!

Dad and Taylor laid the last of the wood flooring in grandpa's room! It's ALL done now! Whew!

The island, dining room and some of the entry room.

The vanity in the main bathroom! The mirror will be hung! Just haven't got there yet!

We finally got our mirrors installed on Saturday! Wow! They really make the bathroom look finished! Imagine that!

Dad and Mom's room and the door to their bathroom. Oh, and the picture above the bed isn't going to remain there! It's much too small but it needed something till it can be fixed!

The entry and the newly installed french doors!

Grandma's secretary and the picture of Grandma's father with his family. It's a special spot in the house and no one is allowed to touch it! It's special!

Also dad has been working on the back splash in the kitchen.

Working on the window sill.


We have a lot of cents! LOL! Just kidding! We are using pennies as spacers for the tile! It works really well!


Tile ready to go!

Gracie helping lay some.

Mostly she was putting the mortar on the backs.

Last, but not least, what child hasn't put a water trough in the creek and went boating? I think all of us kids have! Sarah looked so cute out there enjoying the nice, cold, wet day!

7 comments:

David said...

Wow, its a beautiful house!

I really like it! :)
Haha, I like the penny idea, very clever.

Personally, I haven't been boating in a water trough....

Hmmmmmm.
Am I missing out on something big? ;)

Anonymous said...

Cool, looks like it is coming together well.

Family said...

Oh my goodness! It looks like a magazine! It's so strange to see so many familiar things in a different home. I'm SO glad you're finally there! WELCOME HOME!!!

Anonymous said...

Amber,

Everything is just beautiful. Thank you always for sharing your home with us. Looking forward to more. Soon though, a nice update on keslie and some pictures would be nice. How is she feeling?

Jackie (caregivers)

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you guys! Your beautiful home looks so homey and inviting. How I wish I could come visit! I love the picture of Kami, Annie, and your siblings! Oh, SO pretty. They all look so happy! Happy birthday to dear Heather!!!!

All my love,
~Johanna

OCM said...

Wow. It all looks so amazing. Y'all did a great job!! :o) :o)

Jacqueline said...

It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy for y'all! we are praying that God will show Dad where he should retire so that we can find some property and get our house built...
Congratulations! :)
Have a blessed day!