Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A new house and a play house!

Here is another house update!


Since the drywall is safely stored in the house they were able to put the window in the attic and then finish the siding there. All the siding is completely done! They did the same thing to the attic dormer on our side as well.

See! The dormer window is in!

Dad and I worked on the hearth for the wood stove and these are a few pictures of the progress.

We had to play with the blocks to make a pattern. Once we got that down, it went very well!

The gray stuff is hardi board and it smells awful! Yuck!


The hardy board all cut and in place and the blocks actually glued down! Dad has finished the front and edge, but I have yet to get pictures of it! I'll post those soon though! Dad hopes to get the wood stove in today, that way we can get the house warm so we can paint!

We've had lots of fog and it is lovely!

I was reading to the children this week about the early civilizations. I had them build a hut as best they could and make it livable! They took me up on that and even built a fireplace with a chimney that really works! You should of seen the flames shooting out of the top, great ventilation.

Sarah snuggled up in her bed of ferns, notice the bare toes!

The outside of their hut.

I think Gracie got something in her eye! The children have had so much fun out here, and we've had fun watching them.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, it sure is coming along well!! :-)

Hehe, cute pics of your siblings making their own house! I remember doing that as a young child! Lots of fun.

The Hughes Family said...

the house is looking really good!

Anonymous said...

The house looks absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber, the house is just beautiful! It's been so much fun watching it progress.

And the hut the kids made, so very very clever of them. Looks like something I may want to come and hide in occasionally!

So sorry about the camera. Hope you sell that car really quick, but Kami is doing an excellent job for you. So very nice of her to help you keep us updated.

Jackie (caregivers)

Family said...

I love the new blog look... I don't know if I've told you that yet or not. lol

If you want to...
http://jantzenfamily.blogspot.com/2008/11/tag-youre-it.html