Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Catching up!

Hello Everyone! I feel SO bad about the lack of posts here. One of my excuses it that my camera broke and we are waiting for a car to sell so we can get it fixed. So for over 3 weeks I’ve been without a camera which is really sad. =)


Keslie’s family came for the weekend and was able to attend David’s swearing in service at the police department. It was a wonderful time to watch David standing there while his dreams were coming true! We are so proud of him and thankful to see God blessing him and his new family.


(All these pictures were taken by Kami! Thank you so much!)


While they were here we celebrated Grandpa’s birthday!



Thanking God for our Grandpa!

Since he really didn’t need or want anything all his 5 kids and David bought him a ticket for a hot air balloon ride, which is something he has never done but always thought would be fun. He was so surprised and amazed!


We all were delighted to see him so happy!

Grandpa's favorite Birthday Cheese Cake I made for him!

He is counting the candles! Look how young he is!

Okay, this picture merits a long story! For ever so many years, Grandpa has loved this cheese cake that Grandma made and every time he takes his first bite we always stop to watch his "Cheese Cake" face! It's one of pure delight! Kami was able to snap a picture of his "Cheese Cake" face this time!

Our little munchkin girl!

I get to take credit for this picture! Kami was showing me a new setting she has been using and David and Keslie were were just too cute to pass up!

After the party Kami was gracious enough to take pictures of the house progress for us! The dry wall is all done and mudded and next is the texture, which will begin this week. Mom and I have spent many hours picking out paint colors for inside the house. I think we have them all picked out except for a few rooms. It will be much too exciting to see color on the walls of our new home! What a joy it will be!


Gracie and I in the living room.


Sisters!


LOL! This is Gracie in the Library pretending like she is reading!


Annie and Kami in the guest room! If you come for a visit folks, this is where you will be sleeping!


Mothers and daughters. We were watching the man on stilts! It is really amazing how easily they can get around on those things!


Hummm...looks like trouble to me!

"Our beds are going to be here!" ZZZzzzzz


Mom in her room!


Me in Grandpa and Grandma's livingroom with their breakfast nook in the background.

Gracie is right about where the island is going to end. The light is coming from Grandpa's side and the stairs you see to the right go up to the second floor.

Thank you all so much for bearing with me and my lack of posting! I do hope you check back soon since I have pictures with the progress that dad and I did on the fireplace hearth! That post will be next unless something else dramatic merits attention on this blog!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to share a joke with you: when I saw you said that Keslie's parents came && were able to witness David's swearing...I wish you could have seen my face...and then I read on and saw what it was all about. lol =D

-morgan

Anonymous said...

:lol: I thought the same thing! Swearing...in!

I love the picture of you with that mouth-watering cheesecake! You are more than welcome to come cook for my birthday! ;-)

The house looks GREAT!!!!!! You really will be painting soon! And a house is waaaaayyyy more important than the camera...

BTW, how is your grandma doing?

Blessings,
Dianna

Amber D.M. said...

Oh, pictures! =D It is looking so great! Can't wait to see it for myself.

Anonymous said...

Amber,
What great pictures. So nice to see the house a little at a time truly becoming a home. Tell grandpa happy happy birthday from an admirer!

Jackie (caregivers)

Bonnie said...

It was great to see some photos, and hear how you're all going! :-) Thanks for the update!

Family said...

Amber, I'm so sorry your camera isn't working! That is such a sad thing... especially when you're building and making so many memories.

The house looks wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

It is always so fun to see pictures and hear updates!! That one of David and Keslie is adorable. ;) Sorry about your camera...and hope you're able to get it fixed soon!

Anonymous said...

By the way...I knew exactly what you meant by 'swearing in', as my brother did the same thing not too long ago. :) I'm looking forward to a sister-in-law like you have someday, too!

Bisceglia Family said...

Thanks for posting, Amber. Great photos Kami! So fun to see everyone! Your house is getting SO CLOSE! Congradulations to David!
Love,
Sarah

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, this is my favorite post ever! What a joy it is to see all your faces through pictures. :) Everyone looks absolutely wonderful, I love all the pictures! And I adore the picture of Heather and the yummy cheesecake, so cute!

I miss you all so much! Praying for you guys,

~Johanna

P.S. Oh my, oh my, what an adorable munchkin girl you have. =) And I love the photo of Gracie. :)