Pages

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Better late than never!

Well, this is old news but I thought I should post it anyway so as to keep you all up to date! Like I said in my last post things have been happening SO quickly on the house that my time has been spent at the house or packing, cooking, cleaning and being a big sister here. Time is just flying! We simply can't wait to move in not only because we love our house but because we can't wait to open it up to all of our friends and family! It will be so delightful to hear many voices ringing out in laughter and glee! 'Twill be a grand day!

Here is Grandpa's newest contraption and by the look on his face he isn't too pleased with it! LOL!

His thumb has a sling! LOL! He has to exercise it 10 times an hour to keep his muscle working. I think it really is great! He just mumbles and says it is the most ridiculous thing he has ever seen! It is healing and doesn't hurt him anymore and we are thankful and pray it will be healed quicker than normal. He has been quite the trooper as he continues to work.

The stairs are underway! (There is more done now but you have to wait till my next installment to see it! hehe!)

The landing.

Grandpa working on the pantry shelves!

The wood for the shelves and closets! Yippy!

Now we are at New Years Eve. David decided to add some drama to the evening by getting a huge splinter in his foot (from the kitchen cabinets). It took quite some time to dig it out! Yuck!

The flooring nailer needs an air hose and since the compressor is so loud dad put it outside and wala the cord goes through the door handle slot!

Me helping dad with flooring from the dinning room through the entry and into the library!


The nailer (I keep wanting to write Naylor, our friends' last name!) was so loud since it has to be pounded with a hammer. I love those silly red ear muffs!

Making sure dad is doing it right! LOL! No, he was showing me how he was going to cut something.

Someone is trying to get the cookies!

David has been so gracious to come and help several times!

See?!?! It's almost done! LOL! We have the cardboard down to protect the wood since there is so much dust and things that will scratch the floor. The wood really is very pretty even though you can't see it!

Among the Dutch there is a tradition to make Ollie Bollen for evening of Janurary the 1st. Since we really didn't do anything extra fun this year for New Years, Heather decided to make some! They are kind of like donuts but not sweet. They have raisins in them and when you eat them you dip them in powdered sugar. They are yummy!


They are the best when still hot and crispy!

Back to the house! Mom and Dad's room is painted and has the trim up! The wood you see is for the stairs!

Dad laid so much tile! 4 full bathrooms, laundry room, mud room, and powder room! Whew! He did a great job!

Benjamin helping Grandpa. Grandpa is telling Ben where to put the nail since Grandpa can't hold it!

The cabinets that are in!

The master bath sinks!

Grandpa and Grandma's bathroom cupboards and the tile.

Keslie being cute!

All the tile dad laid, well, it needed to be grouted. So I did it! I had never done grout before so this was all new to me, but I really enjoyed it and love the finished work!

Knee pads are a life saver or shall I say a "knee" saver!

All three brothers and Keslie working on the girls floor!

Yeeha!

Done!

Now for the closet!

Do check back soon! I shall have many more pictures coming! Blessings to you all!

4 comments:

Amber D.M. said...

Everything looks LOVELY!!!!! You're all doing such a wonderful job! It won't be long now and you'll get to just sit back and enjoy your creation! *hugs* You can do it! Keep up the good work. Still praying for ya!

Hugs and love,
Amber

Johan said...

No wonder you couldn't come to our open house on Jan 1st! You were too busy making your own ollie bollen! Did you have pea soup, too? We missed seeing you all. :-)

Mrs. E said...

Looks like you are having fun! ;)
Yum, that Ollie Bollen looks delicious......is it possible that I could get the recipe?! ;) Oh, I would love it!!

Blessings,
Miss Jen
email-blessedfemina@yahoo.com

Voorhees Family said...

I didn't know you all were dutch :) So are we (ha, not me, my husband and kiddies). Your Dutch donuts looks good, I'll have to look into making those. I've only made one dutch meal in my life, Stumput, or something like that: mashed potatoes, sour kraut and sausage.
~Melanie Voorhees