Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our Unlce John

~
On Monday, the 25th of Feb. we were saddend to say goodbye to a much loved man. He has been a part of our lives for as long I as I can remember and he and his wife were best friends with my grandparents since they all were in high school. He fought cancer for several months but God saw fit to take him to his final home. Even though we are so sad and are hurting terribly we are so thankful Uncle John is free from sin and all pain! He was greeted by his son Mike who went to heaven about 5 years ago. I can't imagine how wonderful it must be for Uncle John and Mike to be worshipping their Maker side by side and singing His praises in unison!

~


Our hearts go out to John's wife, Betty, who will forever miss her husband of 54 years. She has lost a son and now her husband. Please remember to pray for her, her daughter and 4 grandchildren.

~


Uncle John was MUCH loved by our family and was viewed as an uncle by us kids. We just can't believe he is not on this earth anymore but that he is rejoicing and praising God in a new and perfect body!

~


I also think of our dear Grandpa who is grieving deeply for his dear friend. We pray that his heart might be filled with peace and comfort. Today, he and grandma left to drive to AZ. We pray they will have a safe and calm drive.

~


We were greatly blessed with a visit from Aunt Betty and Uncle John in August and here are some pictures I took of them and my grandparents.

~

Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Betty, and Uncle John

Aunt Betty and Uncle John


The four friends with our donkey Brego



We love you Aunt Betty and we dearly loved your husband! Many blessings, and many hugs from us to you!

5 comments:

Amber D.M. said...

Aww. I'm so sorry to hear about this update on "Uncle John." I'm sure he will be dearly missed.

Thinking of and praying for you all as you say goodbye to a loved one.

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers! *hugs*

Mrs. S said...

That's so sad! We'll be praying!

Heather said...

I was just thinking about your grandfather's friend today before I read this.

I'll be praying for everyone during this time.

Autumn said...

Your are in our prayers !
Much love Ellie and Autumn