Pages

Monday, February 04, 2008

All the outer walls are done!!!!!

We have been blessed by incredibly hard working guys (and sometimes girls) to build our home. Friday night Dad, Taylor and Heather raised the last of the outer walls! We just have the inside walls to do upstairs. The trusses are scheduled to arrive later this month! We are really feeling blessed by how quickly this process is going. From the foundation being completed to now has been right at 2 months. I am not sure if that really is fast but since we are doing all the framing ourselves it feels fast!
The guys' work schedule:
Grandpa...... (on house) 8am -4pm, four days a week
Taylor......(on house) 8am - 4pm, and 4:30pm - 8-9:30pm, four days a week
Dad.....(at his office) 7am - 3:30pm, (on the house) 4:15pm- 8-9:30pm, five days a week
David....(his job) his times vary but he is out of the house before 7am and heads to the house when he is done and works till 8pm - 9:30pm
They all work Saturdays- 8am - 6pm as well. (At least, somtimes much later.)
Heather, Mom and I are the ones to ensure they all have nice meals to eat at noon and take them dinner at dark. Since they are working so hard every day they get very hungry and eat lots! We try to keep their meals warm between home and the house since it has been so cold out there, day and night.
I pray these guys will be greatly blessed by their willingness to work hard and long hours. It is hard on them but they keep it up! I love them all!
Taylor and Grandpa are working on the stairway today! I can't wait for those to be done since I really don't like trying to climb that ladder, especially in the ice!

6 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Wow! I can't believe that schedule! No wonder the house is going up so fast!! What a great bunch of men to be working those long hours!

Family said...

My goodness! That's amamzing! What a neat experience for your whole family!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Morgan. I am 17 (18 next month) and I am a senior in highschool; homeschooled all my life. I came across your blog a few months ago some how, and have enjoyed seeing the progress of your house. It's a much different design than most around here. Do you guys a have picture of what you're hoping the finished product will look like? Just curious!

-Morgan Coy <><

Amber said...

Hi Morgan! I'm glad you have been enjoying our blog! My sister Heather is going to be 18 in a week and a half!

Here is a link to the blog post that has a picture from the plans of the front of the house. http://ourfamily-bts.blogspot.com/2007/11/god-is-good-as-always.html There has been two slight changes since that picture. There are going to be two gables with windows on the roof and the porch roof will not have those "hips" or at least I don't think there will be the hips. The house is kind of a farm house style. The little "apartment" off to the left is where my grandparents are going to live!

Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

That is going to be beautiful! Are you in the woods? We have woods but our house is surrounded by pastures, then our fields, and creek, pond , then the woods.

That is great that you've included your grandparents in all of this. Mine live right next door. =)
Morgan