Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

A WHITE Winter Wonder Land! Pt.1

We woke up to a delightful surprise this fine morning! The ground was covered with a lovely blanket of snow! Over the next several hours we ended up with almost 6 inches! The day was filled with MUCH excitement and business as the children ran helter skelter, gathering their snow pants, boots, coats, hats, gloves and scarves.
The clearing in the woods in our back yard. (taken by daddy)

Lydia not liking the snow. She really didn't like being out there. I wonder if it was because she was so bundled up she couldn't move.... Really, she looked like a huge purple marshmallow! LOL


I think she's happy! What do you think?



Sarah, Lydia, Gracie and Benjamin enjoying the lovely freezing stuff falling from the sky.


The oak trees covered in snow.


Sarah dancing under the oaks!


I took some pictures of Heather! I think she looks like a poor Russian girl!


Thoughtful.


Then Heather took some of me!




I love the snow!




Trying to catch a piece!


9 comments:

Amber D.M. said...

What a fluffy snow, and beautiful subjects. Looks like you all took advantage of enjoying yourselves. =)

Family said...

Wow! That's tons for your area! I love the pictures you and Heather took! How pretty. Enjoy it! We're ready for no snow. LOL

Iron sharpeneth iron......Prov. 27:17 said...

Oh-- our little ones always love it when we get snow for them to play in!! I love it too--it's so pretty- except when I have to go out and drive in it......not so fun!
Great pictures!!

Autumn said...

LOL looks like a lot of fun !!! We had a lot of fun at our house too!
Ellie
P.s Autumn and I LOVE your hat Amber!

Miss Evelynn said...

That looks like it was allot of fun!!!
We got a bit of snow in salem this morning!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying not to be jealous! We had such cold weather last week, our family was expecting and wishing for snow. Somebody even changed our screensaver to say "Let it Snow!". Sunday morning our church was cancelled because so many families were snowed in, but we had NOTHING! Perhaps Mom and Dad were relieved but we were sure disapointed! Oh for the pure, quiet peace of a winter wonderland! Well, hopefully we'll make up for it next week when we take a vacation to our aunt and uncle's house just outside of Bend. They can't wait for us to come and shovel some snow for them!
Thanks for the beautiful photos!
Sarah Rae B.

Nathan D. said...

Wow it looks like Narnia! I've never seen EVERYTHING so covered like that before. Just amazing. And your camera takes really good portrait shots!

What a great snowman, did he survive long afterwards? :-)

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Hi Kelly, I am from the adcaregiver board and just wanted to come by for a visit. I loved my walkthrough here and the pictures you have are simply beautiful. What a wonderful family you have and the house is going to be amazing once it is finished!

Take care and hope to see you around!

Chris

Mrs. Hurzeler said...

I just love the straw hat that you are wearing, may I ask where you bought it? Thanks.
God Bless
~Carrie-Lee~