Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

House Update!

I've been terrible at getting blog posts done recently...we've had lots going on, such as...building a house! :big smile: Haha! So I thought I really should update you all on the home construction progress. Here it is!
The plumbing is underway!
All the "harder" plumbing is done and the easy is left for the last! The pictures below were taken not quite two weeks ago, so they're not really up to date since most of the fittings and pipes are now in the walls!

Pipes and fittings in the family-room.

Boxes of fittings where the piano is going to be.
(Notice there are no puddles on the floor! YIPPY!!!!)

Guess what? More fittings! (I'm running out of clever things to say about pipes and fittings....any ideas?)


Benjamin was making sure the ramp to the house was sturdy.

See! Some of the pipes and fittings in the wall!


Oh yes! The front porch roof is almost roofed as well! It's beginning to look more like it will when it is done, though you can't see the pipes and fittings from this view. Just the windows, siding, door, trim, "shutters", paint, and flowers are needed to make it look like home!

~~~

I wonder how many times I wrote pipes and fittings? That is what happens when one gets tired. All creativity flees from the brain and one begins to become boring! :sigh: =)

5 comments:

Mrs. Honey Bee said...

Ohhhhhh! I am sooooooo excited! What progress! Thank you for your update Amber! We love you! Benjamin, I'm glad to see those jeans, they look just like my Ben's! he he he he. Love, Mrs. C

Amber D.M. said...

Hurray!!! More house pictures! Keep them coming. You can never post too many, in my opinion. =) Keep up the good work! Wish I could help you mud drywall, but I guess you're having that part done for you (if I'm remembering right), when you get to that part in the process... =) Be safe!

Miss Ellie said...

Don't worry Amber the post wasn't THAT boring :D lol
lots of love....

Family said...

Oh thank you for the update Amber! I always love seeing pics of the progress, but I know blogging always takes lots of time and that's not anything you can waste! But I really do appreciate you keeping us all up on how things are moving along.

Can't wait to see it in person!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys are going to have such a cool house! It'll be like one of those estates from P&P. I can just see it now..."You are invite to a ball at Anotherton. :D I know it's a ton of work, buy you'll have a ton of fun memories to look back on! Keep up the good work!