Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

The insulation installed and the dry wall delivered!


Yay! Another house update and there is actually progress that can be seen! Hurrah! There has always been progress but it hasn't been very obvious to the eye! Our men are working SO hard! I love them all!
Enjoy the pictures!


Grandpa working on the fan duct for over the kitchen stoves that he designed and constructed.

A gift from a son and a gift from daughter! =) The handy black tool bag that Grandpa loves was a gift from my uncle Kirby to my grandpa and the cookies were from my mom! We call cookies "Builders Glue"! They work!


The insulation is in!





There will be more pictures of the insulation (aren't you just ecstatic! LOL!) so don't worry! But the drywall arrived before I could get good pictures of it all done.

The boom is lifting those HUGE and HEAVY sheets of dry wall up into the attic.

The sheets are 12' x 54 '' or so. HEAVY!


There are our walls on the floor in the dining room! :shrug: I'm not sure how to make that sound any less strange!


The living/music room!


All the putty for the seams! (It sounds like I'm talking about sewing here! "seams" "sheets" lol!

The insulated room is the powder room on the main floor.
Drywall!!!! We have waited over a year to see this in our house! Praise God!

Another bathroom and the master bedroom wall. Mom and Dad don't want to hear too much thumping on the stairs! The insulation should help some!


Main bath.


Above our girls' room.


Grandpa's attic


The guys had to run some wire under the driveway so that is why it is all torn up! Look at the color of that dirt! Isn't it lovely? So rich and brown! That is what we get for being so close to a creek but one also has to deal with lots of rock!

More trenches in order to get power to the shop.

One burn pile down and not sure how many more to go. This one was out in the front yard so it's nice to get it out of the way.


Okay, this looks pretty shrimpy compared to it's real size. I would guess it is somewhere about 9 to 10 feet tall! It is a huge root ball! We are hoping it will burn. We are not really sure we would like it as a yard ornament....naw... =)

"Can I have a kiss???" Lol! Dad looks like a chimney sweep after burning the piles! We were very happy to see him non the less!

The drywall is being installed this week so soon I'll get to post pictures of actual rooms that you can really see! We are getting very excited and can't wait to see what God does in the next few months! Thank you all so much for taking the time to look!



5 comments:

Family said...

So many exciting things happening in (and on) your house!

How are you able to bear all that happiness?!

Mrs. Honey Bee said...

Whoo, hoooo! Congratulations! I am ready to pick out my bedspread and room paint! I am packin up & headin' south! We are sooooo happy for you all! We love you!
Happy Birthday to Mr. Smith!!!!!

Amber said...

No Mrs. Honey Bee, you have to sleep in your car!!!!

~Mrs. S.~

Anonymous said...

Mmm...those cookies look good! I agree, they are a must for any sort of work. You have to keep up your strength, right? ;-) Looks like the house is coming along. How exciting!

Faith

Mrs. Honey Bee said...

Ha ha ha! Mrs. S, you are SOOOO funny, I forgot to laugh!!!!! (I just might sleep in my car.)
Mrs. C!!!!!!