Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

DRY WALL!!!

Yeay! A dry wall post! Wow folks! This house is really taking shape!


Grandpa and Grandma's attic!



Our girls' room


The top of the stairway and the miniature door to dad and mom's room! LOL! I think it's cute!

One of the workers screwing in the dry wall next to the main bathroom door. Come on now, isn't that door cute? Aww! :J/K of course: haha!
The kitchen!


Lydia watching the man work in the boy's room. She didn't like the squeaking the machine made while lifting the drywall up to the ceiling. Those guys are amazing to watch work, the drywall is big and heavy, but they move fast!


The man working on us girls' ceiling!


They all look happy!!! =)



Sunday we all went to the house to see the progress and to finally take some pictures! (my camera broke so while it's getting fixed Keslie let my use theirs! Thanks David and Keslie!)



The stairs to the attic.



Back down stairs. The pad to the right is the platform for the wood stove. The opening to the left leads to the kitchen/dining room.
This is Grandpa and Grandma's living room!



This is our pantry! I love having the window in the pantry!



The hall from our house to Grandpa and Grandma's house.




This week Grandpa worked very hard cleaning up the shop, it looks amazingly good! That was a lot of work! He's an amazing Grandpa and we love him.


Lydia and Sarah under the stairs!


The boys room and linen closet!


The upstairs family room. As I write this the drywall is basically done so next comes the tape and texture, we can't wait for that.


Most of the kids went on a walk with David and Keslie and this is how they returned, with Keslie in the jogger! David said he went shopping and found himself a wife! LOL! They were too cute!




















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! Thanks for the update.

Dianna

Bisceglia Family said...

It's looking like a house! And it's such a good looking house I'm afraid you won't have it to yourself once you get any kind of furniture moved in! Everyone you know will be thinking of an excuse to visit!
Love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

How exciting to see the inside finally looking like a home. Can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks again for the pictures and the updates Amber and for sharing this with us.

Jackie (caregivers)

And David and Keslie look so very cute together, and oh so happy. And as far as shooting the deer, well I'm a city girl, so not much to say about that except, I don't think I could eat deer.

Amber said...

Awww, come on over Jackie and I'll cook you up some!!! :)

~Kelly~

Family said...

All I can say is.... WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

You know Kelly, if I were to eat deer, and I do say "were", I would eat it if you cooked it as I'm sure it would be wonderful. I've seen some of the great things on here that you and your family have cooked up, and believe me, my mouth does water.

And I did remember that this past summer, my son in law got some deer meat from a friend, and my daughter made it like shredded pork, with a barbeque sauce. It was actually pretty good. But like frog legs and rabbit, although not bad, its just the idea of eating something that we think is unusual instead of the same old chicken, turkey and beef. Just have a hard time with eating a furry bunny and a jumping frog, and SANTA'S reindeer!!! LOL

And if I ever come out your way, you can be sure I'll be there!!!

Jackie (caregivers)

Jessica said...

I love your shoes Gracie! ;D