Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

First week!

For my birthday I was incredibly blessed with a ticket to go and visit Amber M. in Illinois and Sarah J and her family Michigan. This post begins my adventures to the Mid-west (I don't know why it is called Mid-west when really it's very much east if you look at a map...strange indeed)!





Mom and all the kids took me to the airport! The younger ones really were intrigued by the escalators! They rode them just for fun!





Like usual, we took a picnic lunch with us! It's quite the adventure eating a picnic in the airport! You ought to try it sometime!



I had never flown before so needless to say I was a little nervous about flying alone but as you will see God had better things in store for me! The night before I left my mom was talking to a friend of ours and it came up that their daughter was going to be flying out of the same airport as I was in the same day! Then they figured out it was the same flight! A kind gentleman switched seats with me so I could sit next to Brianna! I was so relieved to have someone to talk with and get me acquainted with flying. I feel so blessed to have been able to fly with Brianna!



Here is the Moeller's home! I'm in Illinois after a couple years of waiting!



This is my dear friend Amber. She is such a blessing to me and I thank God for bringing her into my life! This picture was taken at a darling old Swedish village called Bishop Hill. We had a lovely day walking around and enjoying the lovely weather and beautiful sites.





We ate in a Swedish place that was decorated with all sorts of bright colors and lovely paintings. The food was delicious as well!






This is the front of the woolen mill.





Inside the woolen mill was a broom makers shop. He did great work and I even bought one!





I'm not sure what this building used to be but I might guess it was an old school at one time long ago.



A church.





Inside the church was filled with all kind of silent memories that I was just dying to hear. But alas, walls don't talk and neither do pews. Such a sad thing that is!






So Amber and I just sat and enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere!



This is in the town where the Moellers live.



Such happy times those were! Such memories that I'll relive in my mind over and over again! Thank you so much Moellers for the wonderful and kind hospitality! It was an honor to meet you all!




1 comment:

Mrs. S said...

Oh, it sure sounded like a wonderfully lovely trip! I am so glad you made it safely, (although a little delayed!!!!) hehe!