Pages

Friday, February 06, 2009

It's really here! We're moving TOMORROW!!!!!

Yes, really truly, we are moving in the morning! We're all in a hustle and bustle getting our "rental" ready to move. If you think about us we could really use prayer for the next couple of days as we move and then get settled. We're all running on very little sleep and much adrenaline and we're feeling the effects of it! It's been hard to get through this last week! Bu,t as always, God has been ever so gracious and given us the strength we need each day! What ever would we do without our Creator to cry out to for strength? I have no idea!

Since my last post, Anna has been here, left and come back! Mr. and Mrs. L have been gracious to spare their daughter! She has been so helpful and a joy to have!

LOL! Okay...they were washing things from the shop in the bathtub when they decided it would be much easier to just get in since they were already wet! LOL!


It sure beats doing it outside in the 35- 40 degree weather! They worked on these tubs for many days!

Last day here! The pantry is empty! All except for the plastic wrap! Whew! One thing down and many more to go!

Lydia's last breakfast here! I don't know why she looks so sad (maybe it was that I told her to smile and she was very much enjoying her cereal!).

She wanted an orange but no one had time to peel it so she did it herself! It kept her occupied for a long time, but she did the whole thing!

Lydia and I sitting down for her last story book time at this house!

Waving good-bye! Grandma E. took Lydia and Sarah for the night! I have to say it was hard to let them go! They will never see this home again! Okay, I'm being sentimental!

The diningroom is looking bare!

As is the family room! Anna and Gracie were folding clothes...again!

The schoolroom looking bare too!

So long to you all until the new house! Moving pictures to come! Blessings to you all and may you see the grace of God in the smallest things in your life! He is so good!

8 comments:

David said...

ALRIGHT SMITH FAMILY!!!!! :)

I wish I could see it, now that its ready!

Maybe some other time...... :)

It looks great!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!!! I've loved waiting and watching for new developements on the trim, stairs, etc. lol.

Heather said...

It is hard to leave the house you grew up in! :( I'll be praying for you all! :D

Bisceglia Family said...

Wow! The first time we met you (at Keslie's graduation) you were talking about the building plans for your house! Now you are actually moving in! Looking back, God really has blessed your efforts, hasn't he? Can't wait to see how your new house looks when it's lived in! Post soon!
Love,
Sarah

The King's Missionary said...

I am so excited for you guys! Yay!

~Jessica

Mrs. Honey Bee said...

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Family said...

Oh Amber! This post made me so sad!!! I'm so excited for you to be moving and everything, but all the memories you have (and our family has) in the rental...

Anonymous said...

How'd the move go? Are you in? Not to rush you, but really excited to here how everything went. I hope as smoothly as possible.

Jackie (caregivers)