Pages

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Calling Names?


I found this darling short story in the Home School Legal Defense magazine Court Report, May/June2006. I thought you might enjoy it!

Quoted straight from the article:
Sticks, Stones, & 1040s
One afternoon, my 9-year-old daughter,
Ella, came running to my wife in dismay.
“Mama, Mama, the other kids are being
mean to me and calling me names!”
Surprised that our children had resorted
to this discouraging behavior, and wondering
what names they had learned, my wife
inquired, “What names were they calling
you?”
At Ella’s reply, we found ourselves stifling
smiles-then asked her siblings if they had
indeed called her this mean name.
Although the boys howled their denials,
Sofija sheepishly admitted, “Yes, we did call her
a ‘tax collector.’”

Sent in by- Peter Freimanis, Albuquerque, NM ”

No comments: